Saturday, March 12, 2011

Project: Simplify

Our family has been a bit out of the loop the last few months... So, first I'd like to acknowledge how sad it is that this is my first post in almost three months and that it's not even about our family.. well, not completely, but it kind of is. For a while now, too long of a while, Rob and I have talked about how we wish we were so much more simple.. how we could make our lives just simple and not have so much "stuff". We are soo tired of all the "stuff" we have. Well, I found this blog not long ago and it has started giving me some direction in how to make our lives more simple, one step at a time. So, I decided to join Simple Mom in Project Simplify. It lasts for five weeks and each Monday she reveals a hot spot in your home to clean and organize and you have until that Friday to get it done and then reveal how it went and post before and after pictures. The first hot spot is your wardrobe. Being the procrastinator that I am, however, I did wait until Thursday to start. I actually was able to finish on Friday morning... but, I spent the rest of the day getting our house ready for my parents to come for the weekend.. so, here I am, Saturday night, finally revealing the outcome of my closet. It really felt soo good to do this and I am pretty proud of myself that I got rid of about half of all my clothes! I only did my half of the closet, so we still have to work on Rob's. I told Rob that at the end of the five weeks if his side isn't straightened up by then, I will do it. I think that actually made him nervous though, so I have a feeling it will be done. :) Ok, so here are my before and afters (not including my drawers, because all the drawer pictures together made me dizzy so I just included my closet).




My get rid of pile!


And here is a totally random picture that just makes us laugh. Kinsley, hanging with the bats at the zoo...


2 comments: